We are serious about security, so we incorporate many security tiers on our online banking platform, MyNetTeller. All sensitive information is encrypted and online access requires a Personal ID and a password only known to you.
In addition to issuing our customers a Personal ID and password, we utilize an elite risk-based multilayered authentication system to verify your identity at the time of login into MyNetTeller. This requires you, the user, to answer a series of questions that only you know. We take every possible effort to ensure that your account information is protected from unauthorized access.
MyNetTeller has been designed and tested by industry experts. Government regulators oversee all of our banking operations including Internet Banking. They regularly audit our operations to ensure we comply with the industry's best practices and the law. Besides the security measures already mentioned, we employ internal bank controls to ensure optimum security for your information.
MyNetTeller is accessed through a Secure Socket Layer (or SSL). This means all data transmitted to or from our computer system is encrypted using the most sophisticated security available to protect your money and privacy. Several firewalls exist to prevent unauthorized access to the system and to ensure your information is accessible only by using a correct Personal ID and password.
When logging into MyNetTeller, it is very important that you know your Personal ID and password. Our system only allows three (3) unsuccessful attempts to log in or it will lock you out from accessing your account. If you are locked out, please contact us so that we can assist you further in accessing your account online.
We do not solicit information (SSN, account numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, etc.) by means of email. If you receive an email requesting confidential information from someone claiming to represent FCCB, do not respond to the email. Please contact us immediately to report any fraudulant solicitation of any kind.
After a period of inactivity, MyNetTeller will automatically log you off and force you to re-enter your Personal ID and password.
While we continue to do everything possible to ensure the security of our system, we are not responsible for any breach of security that is outside of our control. We recommend the following precautions to help protect your data:
- Choose a good Personal ID and password! They protect the privacy of your banking information, but they only works if you keep them to yourself and if you make them hard to guess. The best password is worthless if it's written on a note attached to your computer or an entry in your checkbook. Do not share your password with anyone.
- If you think your Personal ID and/or password has been compromised, change it immediately online and contact us immediately.
- Change your Personal ID and password as often as you wish. Our system requires you to change your password every 90 days.
- Don't leave your computer unattended while you are accessing your online account. Always click "Exit" to end your session.
- Once you have finished with online banking, always sign off and exit the site before visiting other Internet sites.
- If anyone else has access to your computer, clear your browser's cache in order to eliminate copies of web pages that have been stored on your hard drive.
- Avoid using Public Internet Access Terminals when doing your online banking.
- Maintain all operating system updates, patches, and or upgrades in a timely manner.
- Use a commercially available security suite available at any major office store or easily downloaded from the Internet. This suite should include anti-virus software, anti-spyware/malware capabilities, and include a personal firewall. This software should have a current subscription in order to receive the latest upgrades provided by the vendor of your software.
- Avoid entering file sharing sites, social interaction sites, chat rooms, Internet gambling, or any other potentially risky sites on the computer that is used to access your online banking account.
We take fraud very seriously when our customersí are victims. It is important to report phishing or any suspicious, unauthorized or fraudulent activity on your accounts as soon as you are aware of the situation.
Please contact us at 505.327.3222 (New Mexico residence), 970.565.2779 (Colorado residences) or toll free 855.547.3222 if you feel your bank account information has gotten into the wrong hands. This includes:
- Unauthorized withdrawal from an account
- Unauthorized debit card transaction
- Unauthorized wire transfer of funds
- Identity Theft
- Fraudulent activity involving your equity line, consumer loan or small business loan
- Lost or stolen checks, debit card, or ATM card
- Lost or stolen credit card
- Suspicious emails (phishing), suspicious text message or phone call, especially fictitious scams asking for money or your account information
Identity theft is a serious crime. When criminals wrongly obtain your confidential financial information (i.e. social security number, date of birth, credit card numbers, etc.) they can create a nightmare for you and your family.
Itís important to familiarize yourself with common schemes procedures and safeguard your personal information at all costs.
To report identify theft contact us at 505.327.3222 (New Mexico residences), 970.565.2779 (Colorado residences) or toll free 855.547.3222.